You were the winner of Miss Bikini 2017 at Miami Swim Week, what was your favorite experience during that event?
-Meeting the other contestants and forming bonds! We still talk to this day!
Who or what inspired you to get started in modeling?
-I have always had an interest in entertainment and fashion. I started on the stage competing with my dance team in rap jazz and ballet when I was about 7 or 8. Around the same time I became a child model, and kept going ever since. I was in a pageant as a teen and loved it. Modeling is truly an industry that reinvents itself. You have to grow with it and find what makes you unique, but always stay true to who you are and your morals.
Tell us about your modeling experience.
-It’s amazing. I’ve been published more times than I can count, and each look is so different. I shaved all of my hair off to actually accommodate my love for swimming, but it enhanced my modeling career. I’m truly humble and grateful for the team I have and the work we put in to create our shoots.
What is your best fitness tip?
– You’re in control. Figure out your body goals and not look at someone else’s path. Everyone’s body is different. Love yours and treat it better with healthier choices.
What are the beauty products you can’t live without?
– Concealer and lashes haha
What is your personal style?
– Whatever I feel like putting on. It can be a dress and heels, sweats and a hoodie, or i can rock something that sparkles with fringes. I do tend to lean towards loud colors and shine when I do go out. I love a good heel color pop to set an outfit off! Either way I dress to my mood and not caring what others think or if they’ll “like it”.
What is one of the most interesting shoots that you have done?
– Every shoot is interesting. Not one has been alike. It would discredit everyone’s work to pick one.
What is your favorite thing to do in your free time ?
– Plan. I think and plan. When I have time I fill it with creating. My team will tell you my wheel is always turning. Especially when in a creative space. Even when out just having a good time I’m taking note of fashion and being inspired by everyone I see. People are natural creatives.
What is the most interesting place you have ever visited?
– Again. Every place has been very interesting I can’t compare or pick just one. Thailand was the most colorful. They have a lot of temples and cultural areas to see. I would love to go back and spend more time there.
What do you hope to achieve in the future?
– Peace. Personally and professionally. I do a lot of work in domestic violence advocacy as a survivors, and community service for those in need. I just hope to continue helping others.
Miss Bikini United States 2017
Instagram: @modelfarenaimee and @farenaimee